This week has been pretty exciting for me because I finally started work. It’s taken a while to get used to the hustle and bustle of a full-time job in such a dynamic environment (not to mention my new waking times) but it’s been pretty dandy so far.
Because of that, though, I haven’t had much time to do anything else other than the occasional workout and crashing in front of the TV/computer monitor. This week, I…
- …borrowed more library books, because I guess having an entire truckload of purchased books waiting for me to read just isn’t urgent enough. This time round, I left the Young Adult shelves (i.e. couldn’t find anything good) to venture into the…Older Adult territories:
- …had a field day with Nintendo games. Well, just two. Still, between Pokemon Battle Trozei going on discount (down from the already cheap USD7~ to USD5~) and the Super Smash Bros demo, it’s been a good week for 3DS fans.
- …ran about 12.5km in total, which is quite a bit off my weekly goal of 18-20km. It was mostly due to the haze settling back in Singapore, though, making it quite unwise to jog outside. Been trying to make up for it by doing static exercises at home.
Obsessions of the week
- Podcasts: tried out several new podcasts and they were all pretty great listens.
- Not Too Deep with Grace Helbig: hilarious banter which kept me company to and fro work, Grace Helbig’s podcast keeps to its titular promise, keeping it light while serving up non-stop heapings of laughter. She’s…really quite awesome.
- No Such Thing As A Fish: fun factoids with a bunch of hilarious Brits (at least I think they’re Brits). What more could you ask for?
- Games: as mentioned, I got two new games from Nintendo but most of my attention has still been on Tiny Tower Vegas and Pokemon TCG Online, which I’ve just discovered exists. I downloaded the latter on Friday evening and spent almost my entire Saturday night on it, reminding myself why the Pokemon TCG was one of my very first CCG obsessions and why I got hooked for so long.